And to be perfectly honest, it couldn't have come at a better time, because I had no idea what I was going to write about this week. So thanks, Randi!
Here's how the award works:
1. Thank and link back to the person who presented you with the award.
2. Answer the ten questions below.
3. Share ten random facts/thoughts about yourself.
4. Nominate seven worthy blogs for the Kreativ Blogger Award.
So let's have at it, shall we?
What is your favorite song?
Oh, man. There's no way I could narrow it down to one. My musical tastes are wide and weird. For what it's worth, this song is in my head right now, and I'm just fine with that:
What is your favorite dessert?
No contest. Pumpkin pie.
What ticks you off?
I'm a pretty ritualistic person, so sometimes I get annoyed when my routine is impeded in some way. I'm trying to work on that though, since my routine currently revolves around my work schedule, which is pretty vampiric and therefor difficult to accord with the rest of the civilized world. My social life has suffered as a result.
When you're upset, what do you d--
Which is/was your favorite pet?
I've had lots of pets since childhood, but Rusty Bears gets all of the treats to himself right now.
Which do you prefer, black or white?
What is your biggest fear?
What is your attitude mostly?
I'm a pretty reserved, laid back guy. Stoic, I guess.
What is perfection?
What is your guilty pleasure?
I don't believe in feeling guilty for your pleasures. I eat crappy food, play video games, and sometimes engage in zombie movie marathons. With pride, I say! With pride!
- The "J" stands for James, which most people call me in the physical realm.
- I've become a huge coffee drinker. I don't really feel like I'm hooked on caffeine (I can go without it and feel fine), but I can consume three cups or more during a writing marathon.
- I'm an unabashed tech nerd. If it blinks and beeps, I want it.
- I'm a musician. I was in a couple of bands when I was younger; these days I mostly stare at my guitars and keyboard and chastise myself for not playing them enough.
- Related to the above, I've also created an entire album's worth of weird, hybrid-genre electronic music in my spare time over the course of the last eight years or so, as a hobby.
- Years ago, I had my own web comic called Guy in a Hoodie. It floundered because I couldn't keep an artist attached to the project.
- Combat sports are the only kind of sports I can follow without severe boredom setting in. I watch a lot of Mixed Martial Arts, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and Kickboxing. I've been a martial arts nerd since I was about six, when my parents enrolled me in karate.
- Related to the above, I used to host an MMA podcast. It became pretty popular after just one episode, thanks to the help of an awesome fighter named Roxanne Modafferi. Unfortunately, it didn't last long, as I didn't have the proper time to commit to it or enough money to pay for the hosting.
- I don't watch much television, but when I do it's probably Game of Thrones.
- As I mentioned in the interview, my work schedule has me on the vampire shift, so I'm pretty much nocturnal. I sleep during the day and turn to ashes when exposed to direct sunlight.
And finally, my own list of nominees. These people are all deserving, but I'm blindsiding them, so they may not be able to participate for some reason. Check them out anyway:
Angeline Trevena | Candy Lynn Fite | Guilie Castillo-Oriard |
Rafael R. Piñero | Sean CW Korsgaard | Tracy Brown | Veronica Sicoe